You can sweat for it.
You can buy it with a wad of cash.
You can earn it on your back.
You can have it implanted into your body.
You can hunt for it in the dead of night.
You can win it with a careful word in the right ear.
You can pry it from the dead fingers of your rivals.
You can steal it from right under the noses of those who guard it most jealously.
And once you have it, you will have to ask yourself: is it worth all the things you had to do to get it, and all the things you’ll have to do to keep it?
Which is the worse fate: being powerless,
or gaining power and realizing it wasn’t worth the price?
The Price of Power is the second in the After Midnight trilogy of sourcebooks for Fates Worse Than Death. It details all the ways that people can gain power in the New York City of 2080. Included are:
- Eleven new character classes.
- New skills, equipment, advantages, disads and disciplines.
- Information on the world beyond Manhattan, from the outer boroughs to a small drug-growing town in the northern Appalachians.
- An in-depth section on life in Sing Sing prison.
- Secrets revealed about 2080’s most powerful people and organizations, including the Drug Lords, the Hidden, corporations, the ultra-rich and more.
- Four complete adventures.
- Rules for tracking notoriety, for inventing new tech and for creating dwellings.
360 pages – softcover – 8.5″x11″
Anyone who buys a printed copy of the book can get the pdf here.
*Look for Lulu coupons here.