On plantations, slaves cobbled together a powerful system of magic, learning to gain luck, manipulate minds and even to kill using common objects.
On lonely country crossroads, desperate people made bargains with the Devil for wealth, talent and power.
On the shores of Louisiana Bayous, under overhangs of spanish moss, free Blacks met to practice an ancient and secret religion, calling powerful beings into their bodies.
In isolated cabins and shacks, bitter outcasts waited until night and traveled forth in another form to prey on the communities that had rejected them.
Under “hanging-trees,” in graveyards and on old battlefields, the spirits of those who had been murdered returned to terrorize the living.
Deep in ancient mountain-side forests, ancient and terrible beasts stalked, preying upon first the native people and then the Scots-Irish settlers that came after them.
And today, on the city streets, on the lonely country roads, in the swamps and mountain forests of the South, these powerful humans, spirits and creatures still seek to settle old scores, satisfy their various hungers or find redemption for their sins.
The South is haunted by its past, in more ways than one.
- A complete game: no other products needed to play.
- Flexible, yet realistic, character creation system.
- Play as the ageless, people who have seen decades or centuries of Southern history.
- A complete and accurate guide to the supernatural beliefs of the South.
- A detailed description of Southern history and geography.
- Rules for Flashback Play allow for adventuring in any era of Southern history.
- Includes Hoodoo Blues-L, a light character creation and rule system suitable for light or live-action play
Have the book? Go here to get a free pdf copy.