ORC is a Role Playing Game rules system.
- ORC character creation is fairly crunchy, but its crunchy for a reason.
- The rules are primarily meant to model physics and biology.
- ORC gameplay is easy to learn and quick to use.
- All rules work from the same basic mechanic.
- The rules can scale from light to crunchy based on the needs of the story.
- The most complicated part is combat, because the combat system allows for people to use real-life strategies and to employ every resource available to help them win.
- ORC is not a generic system designed to be able to be instantly dropped into any setting.
- ORC is designed for realistic, low-powered gameplay (as opposed to legendary, superheroic, comedic, etc. games).
- ORC character creation must be specifically tailored to each game setting.
- ORC does character classes in a realistic and flexible way.
- They say what the character’s pace in society is, not what the character can become.
The full ORC ruleset plus a complete set of mundane modern day skills, jobs, equipment, advantages and disads.
Download Now (1 MB pdf)
Modern ORC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Vanilla ORC (1 MB pdf)
The plain character creation and play rules stripped of any setting-specific stuff.
Vanila ORC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Vanilla ORC en Espanol
Part 1: Character Creation – Part 2: Basic Mechanics
Part 3: Health Attributes – Part 4: Drugs, Disease and Poisons
Part 5: Combat – Part 6: Skills
(thanks to Víctor Jiménez Merino and Daniel Fernandez for the translation)
Do ORC combat in card-game format with cards for common FWTD street skills and weapons.